Tuesday, April 26, 2016

GTA VI?

     On a Facebook page I follow, I saw this. The commentators on the post debated whether it were real or just a rumor. One person even said that they had relatives that work for Rockstar Games, and that they weren't supposed to say anything, but confirmed it.
     The post said that GTA VI is going to take place in Magnolia City (an old nickname for Houston). And this made fans from Houston happy. "That's my hometown!" As an avid gamer, I know that news of sequels are often just rumors.
     If things go O.K., I think I will have a PS4 by this time next year. The main reasons will be because the sequels to my favorite series/franchises, like Borderlands, Hitman, and GTA, are coming out on current-gen consoles only. But, at least they should be cheaper by then.
     Now, about this setting; I have, what I think, is a better idea than just setting it in Magnolia City. If this is on the newest-gen consoles, they need to go big! I think they should keep the maps from IV and V (update them with real-life changes), but also add a few more cities, Magnolia City being one.      The main storyline should have the protagonist(s) traveling among the cities. To achieve this, drive or fly off the edge of the map of the current city. The direction would indicate the destination. From that point, the player would have two options.
     They can travel by ground. This would feature cut scenes that would fast-foward the game timeclock. The cut scenes would be interspersed with traveling by Sandy Shores-sized towns where they could play around in (maybe tiny side-quests). Time would return to normal while in these towns.
     The other option, of course, is to travel by air. On the plus side, there's a random chance to become a hero and stop an air disaster, therefore receiving a monetary reward. Disasters could include the pilot having a heart attack and the player having to take over; crashing or emergency landing would cause the plane to end up in one of the tiny towns; or disaster could be having to subdue a hijacker. But, on the down side, players have to leave their weapons behind and maybe store one pistol.
     The possibilities are endless, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment