Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Art imitates art.

     My gaming and writing are feeding off of each other. I got into playing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. The first character I decided to play is Wilhelm, a cyborg mercenary with body modification addiction.
     Playing as Wilhelm reminded me of a character in one of my stories. He is a partially mechanical second-mate and security enforcer of a pirate ship, who is also succumbing to bod-mod addiction. But I'm careful not to make it seem like I'm plagiarizing. Being that cyborgs are prevalent in science fiction, and people in real life can be addicted to plastic surgery and piercings and tattoos, they're both common character motifs; and it's really about what the writer wants to do with those motifs.
     A neat gaming experience is playing BL2 and BL: TPS, and seeing the back stories of characters that you'll face in the sequel. In one game, I'm playing as Wilhelm as he starts to descend into his bod-mod addiction (via the Cyber Commando skill tree). In the other game, I'm playing another character who goes up against him, and he's more machine than man.
     Playing through True Vault Hunter Mode in BL2 as Zer0 (the assassin), I'm level 48 and taking the side missions area by area. I completed the Captain Scarlett DLC in TVHM, and I'm trying to decide whether or not I'm going to tackle the Caustic Caverns before doing the story mission in the Hyperion Wildlife Preserve.
     Another cool thing I did, related to Borderlands, is that I found wallpapers for my phone. I got five each for the different manufacturing corporations.
     After this episode of the Blacklist, I'm heading back to Pandora.

UPDATE:
     My Zer0 is now a level 49 True Shot. My next series of missions will take me to Thousand Cuts, the place where players meet Brick (a PC from the first game).
     I'm primarily a sniper who uses SMGs when things get up-close and personal, buy I've decided to carry one explosive assault rifle and one RPG, for when desperate times call for desperate measures. I call them my Fuck-It Gun and my Fuck-It Cannon, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment