Wednesday, November 15, 2017

RANT: Mini-games.

     I have to say it. I hate most mini-games in the middle of good games. This is where the action stops, and in order to continue, you have to press buttons or do some old throwback mini-game in order to continue.
     My first experience that made me rage-quit for a while was in the first Dead Space game. In order to continue, you had to shoot rocks coming for the ship while the shields were coming back online. Basically, you had to play Asteroids for a few minutes or not play Dead Space at all. It is horrible. I went online and many people said, and I agree, that it pretty much ruins replayability.
     My most recent experience with this bullshit is God of War 3. All the action and fun had to stop at the big string instrument thing. In order to continue, I had to play a music box puzzle. What I had to do was hit the buttons in a sequence, timing it just right, or I had to start it again. If I wanted to play Guitar Hero, I would play Guitar Hero.
     By the 50th try on these mini-games, I find myself screaming at the TV "Just let me get back to the real fucking game!"

No comments:

Post a Comment