Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dragons.

     After a couple of years of pecking at it, I finally completed "Dragon Age: Origins"! I created a human mage, and took on the Archdemon with Wynne, Alistair (he'd be cute if he weren't animated), and Shale (didn't realize she was female until much later). Admitedly, I did have to scale down the difficulty for some of the bosses, including the Archdemon himself.
     Now, I'm onto playing the expansion, "Awakening." There is a bit of inconsistency in that the main character, the Warden - in this case my mage Arachne, dies when killing the Archdemon, but comes back in "Awakening." Anyway, the expansion, which I think of "Dragon Age: Origins 1.5," looks good so far. I'm going to make Arachne a battlemage. As of late, I've been really into the idea of a warrior who could whoop some ass with a sword, but then again unleash a fireball when numerous troops come.

     I've decided to incorporate more Pathfinder into my D&D game. It will retain most of the updated content, except for the racial descriptions and stats. And the pantheon and cosmology will be from D&D 3.5, also. I prefer to stick with the stories that I know, just with some adjustments to rules.
     Basically, I was going to have Pathfinder enhance my D&D-based game, but have flipped the script and will now have D&D enhance my Pathfinder-based game.
     A lot of the things that aren't featured in Pathfinder, but are featured in D&D 3.X can be easily updated following the pattern seen in other updates of the classes. This would also hold true for the other D20 books, like Sword and Sorcery. Off the top of my head, all classes seem to have a hit die one step higher than it would have in D&D 3.X. As far as prestige classes like cerebremancer - the one who fuses arcane might with psionic power, it's easy to see the pattern of mystic theurge and follow that. Speaking of psionics, the first thing that originally put me off about Pathfinder is that they basically ignored psionics.
     There are two possible players in the local area that might want to play, and Tiffany wants to play via Skype. What I need is a handful of people who have a common reliable day off. That would be our game night.

No comments:

Post a Comment